Signs and symptoms of lung cancer will only occur when the development of abnormal cells is further towards advanced stage, and it took many years since the beginning of its development.
There is even did not show any particular signs and symptoms, but only visible during chest X-rays. If some of the following signs and symptoms occur, it’s better to see a doctor asap. Early detection of lung cancer could give possibility to recover from this disease.
- Difficulty breathing (shortness of breath)
- A cough that does not go away (more than 2 weeks)
- Coughing up blood
- Frequent lung infections (pneumonia or bronchitis)
- Chronic fatigue and weight loss drastically
- The sound has changed from the usual or harsh sound when breathing
- Swelling in the neck and face
- Chest discomfort
- Loss appetite
- Feeling tired
Other signs and symptoms caused by lung cancer spread to other parts of the body include bleeding or blood clots, fractures, pain and headache.