Every aspect of the human body requires nutrients to maintain the functionality and maintaining good health, and the eye is no exception. The best way to keep our eyes healthy is to eat foods that contain vitamins for good eye health.
Vitamins A, C, and E is a major contributor to healthy eyes. All of these vitamins help in the prevention of macular degeneration. Vitamin A prevents night blindness, vitamin C acts as a protector of eye health and Vitamin E helps prevent cataracts and delay the growth of cataract. Here are 9 nutritious foods for healthy eyes:
- Broccoli: Broccoli is rich in vitamin C which is an important antioxidant for the treatment of cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are a great source of antioxidant beta-carotene and may have antioxidant properties and antidiabetic effects which are essential to eye health.
- Spinach : Spinach is a real eye-protection ingredients. It rich in vitamin C, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. All of these substances are very good for our vision and eye health.
- Carrots: Carrots contain a carotenoid also known as beta carotene is an antioxidant which gives the body Vitamin A. Antioxidants such as vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes.
- Salmon: Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are associated with a lower risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- Onions and garlic: Onions and garlic are rich in sulfur, which is necessary for the production of glutathione, an important antioxidant for eye lens.
- Eggs: Eggs contain vitamin A, which helps retinal function properly and reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- Yogurt : Yogurt contains zinc, which helps the body absorb antioxidants such as vitamin A.
- Grapes: Grapes contain vitamin C, which reduces the risk of cataract formation.
By adding some of these nutritious foods into your diet can greatly improve your eyesight and keep your eyes stay healthy.